Pentair UV Sterilizer Union HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BQ5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BQ5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
21
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older Pentair UV Sterilizer model EU25-U that I bought used from facebook. Unfortunately, it make without the unions and I’ve been having trouble finding a solution to get this this plumbed onto my system. Looks like the part number I need is ZUNIONB15 but know one carries it anymore. Has anyone had a similar issue and found a good solution?
 
Have you tried reaching out to pentair directly? I've purchased replacement unions from them in the past.
 
Have you tried reaching out to pentair directly? I've purchased replacement unions from them in the past.
Yes, I've called them and they said that product was discontinued so I'm SOL
 
Do you have the old female ends with the pvc pipes glued in if so you can try to cut the pipe flush and buy a honing tools to drill out the old pipe.
 
So I dug a little deeper on this and called Pentair. They confirmed item ZUNIONB15 is no longer available. The o-ring contained in that kit is still available, but the other parts aren't.

The part numbers of the components in the kit changed a few times over the years. I checked two older (2023) part numbers for the union socket and retaining nut. Those part numbers were 8458B15 (socket) and 8050-B15 (nut). They are still showing as available in their system, but not something they stock any longer. The lead time would be 2-3 weeks.

So those part numbers are still set up for sale to customers (you'd have to call to order them) but I can't be sure they're actually available. There's a chance that they are, and there's a chance that these old part numbers were just missed when they discontinued the unions. I'd say it's worth a shot, but keep in mind you may get contacted after a couple of weeks to tell you they aren't available and the order will have to be canceled.

Here are the union components (standard output models) from that manual:

1791467609039.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new