Peppermint shrimp eating Sexy shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I found one of my sexy shrimp clearly dying. I don't know why but he wasn't going to last (it was a male).
He couldn't stand but was still not dead dead so would jump and flip to get away when other critters approached him. Normally my peppermint wouldn't bother the sexys but I could tell the peppermint had its eyes on him this time. It would follow the sexy pretending to be not interested but the sexy would get away. Then I saw the peppermint jump the sexy as it happened. The sexy was still alive at the time but only barely so well yeah that was it for him.
IMG_20230419_164552.jpg

 
Lately, I've been convinced that these things are not reef safe. I had one eating my hammer corals, and I am positive that it was not a camel shrimp. Literally ripping out the polyps and stuffing them in his mouth. Let's just say he's no longer with us. Never getting a peppermint again. Only cleaners and fire shrimp for me now. I'll get a fish for aptasia control if it comes to that.
 
I think my peppermint shrimp may have claimed two sexy shrimp now. Might be too early to tell. But one has been missing for weeks and another left today. Down to two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new