Peppermint shrimp is carrying eggs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter FL_Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
2,162
Reaction score
620
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I was feeding my fish tonight, I noticed my peppermint shrimp is carrying eggs or small shrimp babies on her belly. Has anyone ever had this happen? Kind of cool. Sorry for the pic, iphone.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389053012.673008.jpg
 
I know rite! there's only 3 in my tank and I thought it was cool.
 
She's "berried" when they are ready to hatch you can see eyes on the eggs. I have FW Cherry shrimp, fun to watch the babies
 
I to had that happin and I have seen the babies around for a while, but who knows if they still are? Would fish eat the small babies?
 
Yes, fish will eat them up. You may have a couple that can hide out for awhile. Good luck!
 
Cool, thanks for the info. The tank is 220 gallons with lots of rock so hopefully a few will make it! My snails have also had babies. Must be that time of the season.
 
Pretty cool!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Yes, at the moment no separate rearing tank is set up, and will probably not be able to capture the larva. From what I've read, there not the easiest to rear. But who knows maybe one day. Just happy that there happy enough to try! Pretty cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new