Peppermint Shrimp missing

  • Thread starter Thread starter TimReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TimReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
81
Reaction score
23
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been 2 weeks and I haven't found Bubba or seen him at all!

Bubba is the peppermint shrimp I have bought 4 weeks ago.

Any idea where he can be in the tank or do you think he kicked the bucket?
 
Might be hiding, have you checked to see if he is out at night with a flashlight? I had this happen but he was just hiding in the day. Hope that helps and good luck finding him!!!
 
my clownfish ate mine -,- the shrimp kept going into his lil cave and well yup NOM
 
my clownfish ate mine -,- the shrimp kept going into his lil cave and well yup NOM
hah! I had one do that too, shes a mean sob.
My experience, hiding after shedding is usually 3-4 days max. All the shrimp Ive ever had like to hang upside down on the rock ledges until feeding time.
 
I only see mine every 3 or 4 months and only an hour or more after total darkness. Now someone may have well made a snack of him but it's normal for them to only come out at night too.
 
hah! I had one do that too, shes a mean sob.
My experience, hiding after shedding is usually 3-4 days max. All the shrimp Ive ever had like to hang upside down on the rock ledges until feeding time.

I agree. Could be molting. Mine stay out of site during this time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new