Peppermint shrimp walking on anemone?

Mp.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to anemones so sorry if this question is stupid but my peppermint shrimp keep stepping on my anemone when food is in the tank causing it to close. Should i be worried about this for the long term health of my anemone? It is a rockflower anemone

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Peppermint shrimp can be dangerous to some anemones.
They have been known to rip apart some anemones that have just ate some food and some people feel they are not reef safe. Actually I have seen other shrimp do this too.
Now a rock anemone has a little more potent of a sting than say a bubble tip so it may not be a issue but yes it may become one if they grab food.
Just walking on them is no big deal unless it irritates the anemone to the point it may stay closed or closed to much.

OP
OP
Mp.

Mp.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp can be dangerous to some anemones.
They have been known to rip apart some anemones that have just ate some food and some people feel they are not reef safe. Actually I have seen other shrimp do this too.
Now a rock anemone has a little more potent of a sting than say a bubble tip so it may not be a issue but yes it may become one if they grab food.
Just walking on them is no big deal unless it irritates the anemone to the point it may stay closed or closed to much.
It dosent seem to be nipping at the anemone it seems to be going for the food above it

Back