Perfect hover to clean detritus from sump etc.

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,985
Reaction score
11,204
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to get the old undesolved kalkwasser out of the ATU reservoir in the sump of my D-D 1500.I think I may have the perfect solution to those who want to clean the detritus of of their sump (why they would want to is beyond me as I never do).

Anyway while doing the eBay thing I found this pump with an array of attachments to hover out the spent kalk. Comes with an array of attachments and different country plug adaptions.
This pump should easily be able to clean a sump out and it cost just £20 delivered.

20251226_170539.jpg

20251226_170556.jpg
20251226_170229.jpg
 
While not “perfect “ it should work.
The issue you have is everything you suck up has to go thru the pump impeller. Suck up a rock and damage can occur.
 
While not “perfect “ it should work.
The issue you have is everything you suck up has to go thru the pump impeller. Suck up a rock and damage can occur.
It will work not should as I tried it first. Its aimed at detritus removal. There is an attachment in the bag with a strainer type head to prevent anything like that happening. I also doubt a rock it couldn't pick up would damage the pump, it's not That powerful, it dosen't have to be to suck up detritus.
 
What you get, whats not shown is the 4 various plug adapters you also get with it.
Polish_20251227_191943502.jpg
 
I have the same one with a different name and color. Works perfectly.
 
I have the same one with a different name and color. Works perfectly.
Phew! Thought I was the only one who had one. Glad you approve of it as a detritus hoover at least. Yep it worked perfectly hoovering out my old spent kalkwasser powder.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new