Peristaltic feed pump for a CaRx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DogueDeBordeaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the money I'd buy a brushless masterflex and never worry about this again, and have a dead silent pump. Maybe someday.

I have a masterflex 7523-60 that makes a squeaking noise just like a brush motor, and it's brushless.
I have one running now that has brushes that sounds like an air pump, not bad though. I actually just turned on the 7523-60, and it's quiet. I know in a few weeks the squeak will be back. If it was in a fish room, basement, or under a stand you may not be able to hear it.

Maybe I need to just look into a repair shop local. These masterflex pumps are so dependable running non stop same ml/min month after month.

If I had to use another mj1200, or tee of main return for feed pump I would just buy a doser for 2 part.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dogue I hear ya. A fix that has worked for me on the masterflex is removing the housing, removing the front cover from the motor gearbox, putting some wheel bearing grease in there (I have heard you need to use synthetic but I didnt have any), and then putting some wheel bearing grease on the rollerbearings. Then reassemble and the squeak has been gone for a month now.

I think that it is the rollerbearing that gets squeaky (the bearing that has little pins that roll along and guide the output shaft).

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes IKS Vario Blue II
I read somewhere it was used on the dastaco calcium reactors. Now dastaco uses a newer version. Google their calcium reactor package, and look at the pump. Also see the newer pump on uniquecorals site.
I am just not sure how loud this pump will be. I am just tired of the squeaking masterflex.

Specturepure will have their calrx feed pump ready in couple months also. They are in testing phase now.
Let us know how it goes, do you live in europe?

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IKS for my kalk dosing. Have ordered another for my calcium reactor. The instructions that come with it are in german but are easily run through an OCR and then google-translate. :)

There are some reefs on the zeovit forum that have used the IKS with great success for years:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30300

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=332110

G. Alexander also used one on his reef and it proved reliable:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=334967

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IKS for my kalk dosing. Have ordered another for my calcium reactor. The instructions that come with it are in german but are easily run through an OCR and then google-translate. :)

There are some reefs on the zeovit forum that have used the IKS with great success for years:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30300

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=332110

G. Alexander also used one on his reef and it proved reliable:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=334967
Do they ship to US? Where did you purchase?

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the IKS instructions translated from German to English (by me):

aeec9f94a23667d4c9af75f2ace488fd.jpg

And here’s the inside workings so the motor can be looked up if you want. Just received it today. :)

cbd4d13f15b973d9aa9eddf19ec3f91a.jpg

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud does it seem to be when ran near the max speed?

At max speed, it's not too loud. Everyone will have different preferences/situations, though. I can't hear it when the TV is on. It's much quieter than the GHL doser 2.1 I used to run. Can barely hear it over my sump noise. I am only running it at 1L/hr at the moment but did prime my reactor with it running full speed and it was fine. It's more of a bass noise than a squeak. Hard to describe. I might have to do a video of it working.

are you using a step up converter?how long has it been running

The one I have been using for kalk has been operating for two years without fault and without needing to replace the tubing. I only received the one for my calcium reactor yesterday. Others have reported it running continuously for 2-3 years without needing a tubing replacement.

I am in New Zealand, and we use 220-240v, so no converter needed.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bubblemytip, any updated information on this IKS pump for your CRx?

What would you like to know? :)

It has been running non-stop without fault since I installed it. It is best installed in a cabinet, but its noise is not bothersome to me even though I don't have it inside a cabinet.

And the one I was using for kalk dosing is still going strong 2 years later. No complaints. I have a bunch of spare tubing and rollers, but I haven't yet had to replace them on either pump.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that seems like a pretty good endorsement. I think I might have to order one. I currently have a skimz CM157 CRx. This reactor only has a single pump for both feed and circulation. I am hoping that pulling the effluent out with the IKS will stabilize the output. Not really sure if it will work well with my “unique” CRx. If it doesn’t,I might switch to a Geo612 or 618. But that system uses 3 pumps (a feed, a circ, and the IKS). Thanks for the info!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back