Permanent water stains

weldrick208658

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
31
Location
quebec canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this new frag tank and no mater what I do I can’t get these stains off any recommendations thank you
IMG_8587.jpeg
 
I just bought this new frag tank and no mater what I do I can’t get these stains off any recommendations thank you
IMG_8587.jpeg
Muriatic acid find it in pool chemicals and use good gloves. Rinse thoroughly afterwards. It dissolves it quick and will almost wipe off if it glass. Dont use on acrylic.
 
Use CLR cleaner, wear gloves it will come right out and wash the tank out after.
 
Watch out for the Muratic Acid as it fumes quite a bit. If the glass is etched, they won't come unless ground and polished out and if attempted it's a lot of work and can't be done at all if the glass is tempered.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new