Perry's 90 Gallon Acro Dominant Bommie

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had amazing luck with h202 dosing for the stringy ones.. after lights out dose 1ml per 10 gallons and a cap full of mb7 and they will be gone in a few days.. I have beat them in a couple tanks with just that..

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had amazing luck with h202 dosing for the stringy ones.. after lights out dose 1ml per 10 gallons and a cap full of mb7 and they will be gone in a few days.. I have beat them in a couple tanks with just that..

I will keep this in mind if they just won't break, but to me things seem to be heading in a good direction, glass algae is bright green, and I see corraline spores on the bare bottom :)
Thanks for the tip, good info ;)
All the best :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all :)
Thought I would share here :)
For anyone interested in following the build, I added a link below :)

20230410_165744.jpg

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy smokes the orphek OR3 reefbars are incredible!
Light over the 36x36 cube will be

Front to back:

OR3 Reefbar
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Blue Plus
REEFBREEDERS PHOTON V2 PRO
ATI Blue Plus
ATI AquaBlue Special
0R3 Reefbar

Stupid amount of light ;)
Were you ever a fan of the maxspect lights? I ask because the Orphek bars have the same purplish color and I have struggled to get used to is. I have always run Reefbrites and loved the blue. When I added my OR3 Blue the purple color was so drastic to me.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you ever a fan of the maxspect lights? I ask because the Orphek bars have the same purplish color and I have struggled to get used to is. I have always run Reefbrites and loved the blue. When I added my OR3 Blue the purple color was so drastic to me.

I didn't notice the purple effect, the blue is deep, and well complimented by the Reefbreeder photon abd t5's, lol. I have lots of light :)

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't notice the purple effect, the blue is deep, and well complimented by the Reefbreeder photon abd t5's, lol. I have lots of light :)
Yeah, I am running 4 AI 52s a Reefbrite and an Orphek OR3 Blue. Tons of light but the color of the orphek was so different that I noticed immediately. I have the opportunity to sell and jump over to the AI Blades, but the corals are doing great so I am not sure what I want to do. :)

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 light ATI fixture with a OR3 Blue Plus and a OR3 Sky Blue. Love the blue on both OR3. No purple color

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I am running 4 AI 52s a Reefbrite and an Orphek OR3 Blue. Tons of light but the color of the orphek was so different that I noticed immediately. I have the opportunity to sell and jump over to the AI Blades, but the corals are doing great so I am not sure what I want to do. :)
What are your thoughts on just ReefBrite xho vs just orphek, in regards to color, “pop” and spread?

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on just ReefBrite xho vs just orphek, in regards to color, “pop” and spread?
I prefer the look of just reefbrite LED over Orphek but that is because of the purple look. I think Orphek and Maxspect look very similar. As far as "pop", either one does a great job. I have a buddy that runs just Orphek and his corals look absolutely incredible. Spread, I think they are both on par with each other. BRS did a video on spread and the ReefBrite lights performed extremely well. Not sure the Orphek lights were reviewed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back