Perry's Shallow Water Acro Dominant Build Thread

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the new thread but I will have to say, "perry's rising Phoenix" journey from nearly a dead stick to a amazing looking acro is what kept me ready the thread the most lol
I hope still growing nicely.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the new thread but I will have to say, "perry's rising Phoenix" journey from nearly a dead stick to a amazing looking acro is what kept me ready the thread the most lol
I hope still growing nicely.

Dubbed Rising Phoenix from the acro master @ScottB
Sadly that piece didn't make it, save you about 30 pages in my new journal, lol.
I lost my fiance, 3 months later the Bommie, the reboot started in January this year, but.... Surpirisgly, the reef is thriving and growing well. It has been quite a journey, but my devotion to reefkeeping is stronger than ever. After all, Cindy bought me the tank and would be happy to see my happy and enjoying the hobby!
Thank you for following along.
This community has been truly amazing!
I dedicate the 90 Gallon Bommie reef to Cindy and my dad who passed away this summer.

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dubbed Rising Phoenix from the acro master @ScottB
Sadly that piece didn't make it, save you about 30 pages in my new journal, lol.
I lost my fiance, 3 months later the Bommie, the reboot started in January this year, but.... Surpirisgly, the reef is thriving and growing well. It has been quite a journey, but my devotion to reefkeeping is stronger than ever. After all, Cindy bought me the tank and would be happy to see my happy and enjoying the hobby!
Thank you for following along.
This community has been truly amazing!
I dedicate the 90 Gallon Bommie reef to Cindy and my dad who passed away this summer.
Oh noooo!!! Oh man that sucks that it didn't make it.
I can testify my self and completely understand how difficult things can be to keep up with ANY hobby specially when life gets in the way.

I dont know of too many seasoned reefers near me that I could gain knowledge on a one on one basis (which is easier for me to learn things like that) so I just try to read as much as I can in here.

I definitely gained alot of knowledge just on this journal alone so I will definitely follow thru all 30 +pages of the other one lol.
I feel like I know diddly squat when it comes to reefing specially sps so I've been trying to learn all different ways which I think its hurting more than anything, which sucks also because im bleeding money like crazy too while at it.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Perry

How are you liking the AF frag rocks? I’m debating switching to these from tiles. Do you think they are light weight enough to mount onto acrylic poles to raise certain frags up some?

dwhanc00

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry - This is about the concoction. Thanks for your help!

I currently run the AF probiotic method with ABEV and zeo stack for nutrient export. I started using this concoction yesterday. @Perry , I know you are quite familiar with AF, looking for suggestion on whether or not I should continue feeding the ABEV as directed or use that (which I did) only in the concoction and have the concoction replace everything with the AF Probiotic except the export of nutrients?

First reaction was pretty amazing with my torch and hammers... I have good polyp extension with my acros, but no growth... Checked parameters prior: PO4 .13; NO3 18. Little change (0.14) and NO3 same after a small dose. Did my routine water change yesterday. Did a second dose last night (larger) at lights out and PO4 was 0.14 and NO3 was 12.5 this AM (probably the water change at 20%). Excited to see how this works out.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry - This is about the concoction. Thanks for your help!

I currently run the AF probiotic method with ABEV and zeo stack for nutrient export. I started using this concoction yesterday. @Perry , I know you are quite familiar with AF, looking for suggestion on whether or not I should continue feeding the ABEV as directed or use that (which I did) only in the concoction and have the concoction replace everything with the AF Probiotic except the export of nutrients?

First reaction was pretty amazing with my torch and hammers... I have good polyp extension with my acros, but no growth... Checked parameters prior: PO4 .13; NO3 18. Little change (0.14) and NO3 same after a small dose. Did my routine water change yesterday. Did a second dose last night (larger) at lights out and PO4 was 0.14 and NO3 was 12.5 this AM (probably the water change at 20%). Excited to see how this works out.

Aminomix is just that
Vitality is an array of vitamins
Energy is fatty acids, lipids, copper sulfate, a killer food
Balance is calcium carbonate.

I would imagine all these are suitable in the "concoction". They all have there place. They could replace other foods in CRT's/ Alan's brew. As I recall through our discussions, the key seemed to be KZ Zeozym as the enzymes appeared to be breaking all stuff in brew down, sort of like pre-digestion enzymes before the gut.
Personally, I feel that alternate days dosing ABEV is my approach pairing AV one day EB next. Not sure if there's a right or wrong :)

dwhanc00

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aminomix is just that
Vitality is an array of vitamins
Energy is fatty acids, lipids, copper sulfate, a killer food
Balance is calcium carbonate.

I would imagine all these are suitable in the "concoction". They all have there place. They could replace other foods in CRT's/ Alan's brew. As I recall through our discussions, the key seemed to be KZ Zeozym as the enzymes appeared to be breaking all stuff in brew down, sort of like pre-digestion enzymes before the gut.
Personally, I feel that alternate days dosing ABEV is my approach pairing AV one day EB next. Not sure if there's a right or wrong :)
Thanks for the feedback. I have been using the abev now for over two months and just have not experienced the growth I was hoping for. I have growth at the base, but only a handful of acros (out of almost 40) are growing vertically. Some of these have been in my system since May/June of 2023. That is why I am researching different things. The concoction seems to be working for those that have tried it and basically is a similar concept to what I am actively trying. Grant it I have been battling higher nutrients but the seem to have stabilized with PO4 consistently between .10 and .15 with random highs around 0.2. NO3 has be below 20. This is with extremely heavy feeding of my own food concoction for the fish I usually put together.

I appreciate your help as always!

Back