Perry's Shallow Water Acro Dominant Build Thread

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank shipping tomorrow, I upgraded the stand from mdf to pre-assembled wood, very happy I made this decision. Started a thread on members forum, will be updating all new info there :)
Post the link I'll give you a follow :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good @Perry

Thank you very much!
I am slightly nervous over the upgrade as things are doing well in the 60, but longtetm willing to step back to get things right, the upgrade will be thought out and not hurried.
Cheers,

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a large water change on Monday, 15 gallons. Also, I have not used NP PRO or Pro Bio S since Sunday. Sunday and Monday morning 2 ml dose of flourish, normal feeding. Water change, and only 1ml dose last night. This morning no dose, and I registered 0.12 po4. So, it's pretty apparent carbon and bacteria were consuming po4. Now, i see nothing alarming, in fact, I am seeing growth signs on several pieces. Color unchanged, and no3 down to 10ppm. Uptake of minerals increasing as well. Yesterday I actually buffered, and looks like this will continue. I will continue to test po4 in am, dosing suspended, as 0.12 is a bit higher than "I' want. Also will continue to suspend carbon/bacteria dosing.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New system set to arrive next Wednesday, I received skimmer, and various reef stuff in preparation. Decided in Simplicity DC240. Rated for heavy 120, I believe it will be just right. Not even getting the included skimmer wet, lol.
My current tank is humming along, and experiencing a new growth boom, refreshed co2 scrubber media, and seeing some new branches on some dormant ones, like the asd rainbow. Recently bumped CUC and added some emeralds, and already busted 2 of the 5 for eating acros, they were moved to a separate lagoon tank. They were actually easy to remove with tweezers. Still keeping a watchful eye on the others, the rock is getting cleaner though, we shall see.
Here is the ASD Rainbow Milli, as the colors are getting pretty crazy :)

IMG_20210329_112416_622.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has turned into a great looking piece Perry! Almost lost all of the green!

Tim,
It's interesting indeed, I am fairly confident on hystrix id. It is looking more pink, and yes, green appears to be fading, likely less par, more green, but it's fairly lit, so I see it going straight pink with white growth tones. Good news though, tomorrow is delivery day for the new tank :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I will be updating this one, but lost all my acros in November. I don't want to explain, but its on my build thread, lets just say 2021 was devastating on me and my family :(

I rebooted with 29 acros so far, with 20 more sps coming soon. There is 7 more acros in that 20 pack. My tank is now bb, so the montis will be on the bottom glass. My tank was funky, could be that Turkey salt, as the 25% water change with Red Sea Blue Bucket is promising.

Will update that thread here on sps forum :)

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a few hours today reading 39 pages....all the ups and downs that happen in everyone's tank. Very nice of her to buy you a new tank. As I prepared to continue your story, I was sad to read the last post here that you lost all your acros in November 2021. As I click over to the next chapter (90 g), I hope 2022 is treating you better!

Cheers!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a few hours today reading 39 pages....all the ups and downs that happen in everyone's tank. Very nice of her to buy you a new tank. As I prepared to continue your story, I was sad to read the last post here that you lost all your acros in November 2021. As I click over to the next chapter (90 g), I hope 2022 is treating you better!

Cheers!

Hello,
Thank you for your kind and sincere words, it means a lot :) This hobby has gotten me through some very tough times, and despite my personal losses, these animals still rely on me, so onward we go... Thank you for taking the time to read my journal!
Cheers

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Thank you for your kind and sincere words, it means a lot :) This hobby has gotten me through some very tough times, and despite my personal losses, these animals still rely on me, so onward we go... Thank you for taking the time to read my journal!
Cheers
it took me a bit to finish but after reading all 39 pages all i can say is wow, what a journey .

I'm definitely going to take some pointers from this thread.

Thank you for the journal.
I will be following the new one.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back