Personality of midas blenny

If on Aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys what the personality of your midas blenny? Are they personable? Mine is very dog-like and affectionate. How about yours?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sits in his barnacle lair pretty much 24/7. If he had appendages, I imagine he'd be shaking a stick shouting "get off my barnacle!"

Oh, and he permanently turned from yellow to a deep blue-purple. You'd think he'd be starving based on the amount of time he spends in the barnacle, but he's grown fat and probably doubled in size in the past 6 months.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite!

Sometimes hes shy, sometimes hes not.

Sometimes he plays in the sand launching himself up. Sometimes he races the blue tang.

Always amazing.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is definitely the boss of the tank even though he is also skittish at the same time.
My favorite!

Sometimes hes shy, sometimes hes not.

Sometimes he plays in the sand launching himself up. Sometimes he races the blue tang.

Always amazing.
mine will do this too. I always thought he was slapping the sand with his tail. I think its hilarious to see hermits and snails go across his hideout. he will get mad and throw them out with his mouth.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is definitely the boss of the tank even though he is also skittish at the same time.

mine will do this too. I always thought he was slapping the sand with his tail. I think its hilarious to see hermits and snails go across his hideout. he will get mad and throw them out with his mouth.
I havent seen that yet. He has a bunch of hidey holes that he uses. So I dont think theres just one he likes.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here he is doing his thing :)

my yellow coris wrasse does this! always made me anxious seeing it as it makes me think flukes...

my midas blenny is super nosy. he'll follow the other fish around to see what they're doing, then dart to one of his 3 hideouts.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my yellow coris wrasse does this! always made me anxious seeing it as it makes me think flukes...

my midas blenny is super nosy. he'll follow the other fish around to see what they're doing, then dart to one of his 3 hideouts.
ha. I thought he was itchy. lol! Seems like its just a game.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Omg this isn't flashing? My blenny does this I also thought it was flukes and dosed with prazipro. Upset my tank pretty good blenny is fine but now I feel dumb

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg this isn't flashing? My blenny does this I also thought it was flukes and dosed with prazipro. Upset my tank pretty good blenny is fine but now I feel dumb

LOL it okay, I guess it was better to feel dumb for a minute than to lose anything to flukes.

They are playing, maybe, hopefully

Kristen Wiig Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a VERY Midas blenny behavior.

Mine just got kicked out of the main reef and into the anenome tank because It just recently has picked up the bad habit of going to the bottom, scooping up a mouthful sand, carrying it right in front of my wave makers and then dumping it. Much of my sand bed is covered with brain corals which hate sand being dumped on them as they cannot inflate to evacuate it.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine just got kicked out of the main reef and into the anenome tank because It just recently has picked up the bad habit of going to the bottom, scooping up a mouthful sand, carrying it right in front of my wave makers and then dumping it. Much of my sand bed is covered with brain corals which hate sand being dumped on them as they cannot inflate to evacuate it.
Maybe he needs more sauzeeee.

They are so weird, gotta love em!

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is super personable. Most of the time he is swiming around looking for my attention (to feed him lol) when he is not digging up sand and throwing it all over the coral of that part of the tank.
He has about 3 different lairs in the tank and from time to time he changes colors from the bright yellow to the deep blue/purple.
I do love how he sits in his cvae and just stairs at me when im around the tank lol

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine decided tonight he would sleep on a toadstool, kind of like his Lil dog bed.

Attachments

• 20220629_223256.jpg
    20220629_223256.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 38

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back