Pest anemone ID, will peppermint shrimp eat them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So was staring into my tank this evening, and noticed a nasty little aptasia growing right in front. Upon closer inspection I found what I think are ball anemones??? They’re really hard to photograph, and hard to see, as they only seem to be inhabiting dark places in the Tank, and are for the most part clear. I was going to pick up some peppermint shrimp tomorrow, as that has worked for aptasia in the past, will they eat these little anemones as well? Not really wanting to get rid of them, as I understand they’re not harmful, just curious.

9F674E33-A233-412F-B2F2-C7D58F1BEE3C.jpeg
8235548F-933B-4B85-A784-5B901C185E1A.jpeg
image.jpg
 
So was staring into my tank this evening, and noticed a nasty little aptasia growing right in front. Upon closer inspection I found what I think are ball anemones??? They’re really hard to photograph, and hard to see, as they only seem to be inhabiting dark places in the Tank, and are for the most part clear. I was going to pick up some peppermint shrimp tomorrow, as that has worked for aptasia in the past, will they eat these little anemones as well? Not really wanting to get rid of them, as I understand they’re not harmful, just curious.

9F674E33-A233-412F-B2F2-C7D58F1BEE3C.jpeg
8235548F-933B-4B85-A784-5B901C185E1A.jpeg
image.jpg
Peps will eat the aptasia. I've never had them eat the ball nems. Others experience may differ.
 
They will eat aptasia np but also ate my hammer head....Saw him picking off polyps 1 by 1. Sad really want a nice full hammer head.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new