Pest/Growth ID

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
8,522
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the hobby. Please disregard all the algae, I’m still in an ugly phase. There’s something red growing on my toadstool (shown in the middle of the bottom picture) and there’s something else attached to my favia (shown in the middle of the top picture). I’m wondering if either of these are cause for concern at all. Any help would be awesome!
76082553-4A34-49F0-92FB-E53B855582D8.jpeg
CD19F5B5-7BAC-47A2-9861-A39EF53FD34F.jpeg
 
Top pic looks like sponge and an aptasia and bottom looks like a bit of bryopsis which can become a nightmare algae. Start pulling as much as you can by hand to remove
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new