Pest inside torch coral head/mouth

Frosted_Flakes62

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6227.jpeg
IMG_6228.jpeg

I need help identifying what this thing is and what to do with it. It looks like some kind of whitish filter feeder that's burrowed into the mouth of the torch and sweeps out this web of tentacles to feed. I got the torch head from the fish store two days ago, but just noticed this little guy last night. I didn't quarantine/dip or anything. This is my first tank (10g) and my first slightly pricier coral after keeping some cheap gsp and a kenya tree for a few months. Please let me know what to do.
 
Upvote 0
Solution
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
First Class Aquarium has posted a video about how to treat barnacles if you need somewhere to start. I had the same issue before; however, I personally think it may be better to just leave it there than treat it unless you have someone experienced to do it for you. Judging by the look, this barnacle is on the head, so it can be tricky to deal with. My previous holy grail died from bacterial infection after my inexperienced treatment attempt. Hope this doesn't happen to you
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new