Pest? Nothing? What is this

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
9,563
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all , noticed my elegance isn’t as extended as usual and found this on it , I have an emerald crab that sleeps on it every night could it have ripped a tentacle off? Or this some kind of pest?! It honestly looks so weird but has pink tips like the elegance

IMG_2636.jpeg IMG_2641.jpeg
 
Here’s what it looks like a bit more zoomed out , the orange filter makes it look orange it’s actually pink exactly like the elegance
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 57
In my opinion, it seems like it caught a rogue polyp or tentacle from an orange coral.
It looks like it almost has two pink eyes idk lol I don’t want to try to remove it in case the elegance is healing but if it’s a pest then I’ll go to war
 
Here’s what it looks like a bit more zoomed out , the orange filter makes it look orange it’s actually pink exactly like the elegance
Oh yea I see it now.

No idea what that is.

Beautiful elegance.

If I were in your shoes, I would just grab a pair off tweezers and pull it out.

I don’t think it’s a pest or anything but I’m curious what it is
 
Oh yea I see it now.

No idea what that is.

Beautiful elegance.

If I were in your shoes, I would just grab a pair off tweezers and pull it out.

I don’t think it’s a pest or anything but I’m curious what it is
Here’s its normal size , ye it could be absolutely nothing lol but so strange , it was mad yesterday and today is smaller. I’ll try and get some tweezers I guess
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 88
Oh yea I see it now.

No idea what that is.

Beautiful elegance.

If I were in your shoes, I would just grab a pair off tweezers and pull it out.

I don’t think it’s a pest or anything but I’m curious what it is
Google has led me to believe it’s a gall crab , I am considering its life 😂
 
Got the dude out , no free rides in this elegance

IMG_2649.jpeg IMG_2647.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new