Pest on favia?

Reefdiculous22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2022
Messages
370
Reaction score
180
Location
Lake preston
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. It’s been a long time since I’ve made a post. Kinda been up and down with my tank.
I did get this favia a couple months ago and was wondering if anyone could id the growth on it. Looks like a pest or something, never seen anything like it before. Thank you and happy reefing!

IMG_5305.jpeg
 
Interesting. I was thinking vermetid as well, almost looks like cyano too. See if you can blow it off with a turkey baster and maybe expose whats underneath the red. Please keep us posted. Thats a beautiful coral. Usually vermetid snails will throw out slime as well so keep an eye out for that
 
IMG_5317.jpeg It’s def Vermited. There was probably cyano growing on the surface around the snail. If you look to the right of the coral you can see a snail tube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new