Pest on hammer

austen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink hammer is going down hill I noticed these tubes growing off of it not sure if that is what is killing my coral or not I have a torch and frog spawn in the tank as well and both are doing great any advice on how to solve this issue would be awesome thanks

IMG_1081.jpeg IMG_1082.png

MrPiGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s possible they annoyed the head but I doubt it is the reason the head died. They are vermatid snails. They release a web as a feeding response. You can glue the tip shut and after a couple weeks you can break it off. If you just break it off you may not kill the snail itself. They live in the very bottom. They are usually pretty harmless but can be annoying if they increase in amounts.

OP
OP
austen

austen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s possible they annoyed the head but I doubt it is the reason the head died. They are vermatid snails. They release a web as a feeding response. You can glue the tip shut and after a couple weeks you can break it off. If you just break it off you may not kill the snail itself. They live in the very bottom. They are usually pretty harmless but can be annoying if they increase in amounts.
Thank you for the info I will try that out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back