Something very strange

Bristle worms and spaghettini worms are not pests. I admit that they do creep some people out, but they are far from pests. They are detritivores. They are good CUC.
All that being said, it is your reef tank and you can try to curate it to your liking.
I don't know... are spaghettini worms a new species? :thinking-face:
 
Last edited:
What I mean is that I don’t want to add pests into the new tank. My old DT suffered from bristle worms and spaghetti worms. I know algae is inevitable but other pests like worms and what not I’d like to keep out as much as possible
This can be made close to sterile and won't grow pests if you fill it with isopropyl.
sterile fish tank.jpg


Great ratings of almost 4 stars too! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :cool:
 
I don't know... are spaghettini worms a new species? ;)
They renamed them because the term Spaghetti was deemed offensive, racist, and geriphobic. True Story! :cool::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::face-with-hand-over-mouth::thinking-face:
 
What I mean is that I don’t want to add pests into the new tank. My old DT suffered from bristle worms and spaghetti worms. I know algae is inevitable but other pests like worms and what not I’d like to keep out as much as possible
Agreed. It's just being VERY careful what (and how) one puts in the tank. Now, it may be an exercise in futility to keep all of them out, but one can certainly minimize the issue.
 
Agreed. It's just being VERY careful what (and how) one puts in the tank. Now, it may be an exercise in futility to keep all of them out, but one can certainly minimize the issue.
I think the problem is the OP's definition of "pest".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new