Pest or Paranoid?

Urban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope that it is the latter... If anyone can provide me with some help on this one, I would very much appreciate it; I was unsure as to whether or not this should be posted on the hitchhiker/ID forum. I first found these on the underside of the plug containing a new Tyree Rainbow Shortcake frag, and am unsure what it is. I am hoping is that its your regular, run of the mill copepod, but with the reading that I have done these past few days, I am seeing black bugs in my sleep (R2R has at times become to me what WebMd is to a hypochondriac).

I tried my best to get better video, but I am a little limited with the iPhone and a macro lens... I purchased a few different pieces from a recent sale, and this is the only one that hasn’t shown much PE at all, and that I’ve been worried about, but I have found these on several plugs. I hope the video is enough for someone to be able to give me an ID; right now I’m sweating bullets over it (I’ve been reading a few horror stories over the last few days).

I took a few out of the tank early this morning, and blasted them with some water from a 10 mL syringe after seeing what I thought was something crawling on it. You can see a bit how they swim and crawl around, hopefully enough for an ID.

(Please pardon my 13 year old bulldog’s snoring in the background.)

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Urban

Urban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank God! I hope that’s the general consensus, too. That’s a road I’ve never been down, and never want to go down. Every time I see a black speck now I second-guess it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back