Pests as Pets

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
4,910
Reaction score
7,209
Location
Fawn Grove, PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone else keep any inverts normally considered pests as pets? I got some live rock from TBS when I set up a tank last summer and I ended up removing a gorilla crab from the tank. He’s now residing in his own pico tank and living life to the fullest.

IMG_5230.jpeg
IMG_6164.jpeg
 
Does anyone else keep any inverts normally considered pests as pets? I got some live rock from TBS when I set up a tank last summer and I ended up removing a gorilla crab from the tank. He’s now residing in his own pico tank and living life to the fullest.

IMG_5230.jpeg
IMG_6164.jpeg
I like a happy ending!
 
Just what I was looking for! I found gorill crab today from tbs and i was gonna givd him away or take his life away and my brother says to keep it so, 2.5 gallon im setting up tomorrow
 
Just what I was looking for! I found gorill crab today from tbs and i was gonna givd him away or take his life away and my brother says to keep it so, 2.5 gallon im setting up tomorrow
We still have Johnny, our pet gorilla crab. He eats pellets and mysis shrimp like there’s no tomorrow.
 
We still have Johnny, our pet gorilla crab. He eats pellets and mysis shrimp like there’s no tomorrow.
I was thinkng of food and i said to myself kudt give him some mysis. Can I see the setup please n thank you
 
I was thinkng of food and i said to myself kudt give him some mysis. Can I see the setup please n thank you
I don’t have any pictures of the setup. His light is out now. I’ll take a picture of the tank tomorrow. It isn’t anything fancy. Some sand and a couple pieces of live rock. The tank has a built in filter and I got a small heater off Amazon to keep the temp at 77-78.
 
Cool crab! I have seen pest pico's before with gorilla crabs, majanos, fast growing xenia, palys, basically whatever someone might think of as a "pest"

I do keep a box of colorful majano's in my sump so I guess that counts as keeping pests :)

Edit: here is my favorite, pest crabs, majanos, xenia, palys, Caulerpa, etc.

 
I don’t have any pictures of the setup. His light is out now. I’ll take a picture of the tank tomorrow. It isn’t anything fancy. Some sand and a couple pieces of live rock. The tank has a built in filter and I got a small heater off Amazon to keep the temp at 77-78.
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new