Petco disaster

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went in to my local petco last week and they had a pretty decent selection of fish most of them did not look so good but they had a emperor angefish that was full of ich that i was willing to purchase at a steep discount. They wanted 120 for it and they redused rk gove me a discount. Fast fwd to today i walked back in and everyhring in there tanks was either dead or very close to death including the emperor angelfish.
See pics. Terrible

20190429_162006.jpg

20190429_162008.jpg

20190429_162013.jpg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why you should not support that kind of business model. Let's face it they kill local stores by stocking the shelves deep with dry goods that don't die at lower prices. So you spend your money there while the local store starves trying to make it on fish alone since you bought "cheaper" at the local Petco or Pet smart...then you post pictures here and wonder why? I could go on but the reason this will continue is the fault of the buyer not the seller!

Now that is truly sad!!!

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't buy anything live from any of the chain stores. Equipment and Accessories only. It's depressing to look at Petco's saltwater tanks. Fish that are overpriced and riddled with diseases or at the least very faded colors, live rock that is more bristleworm than rock (overfeeding and poor tank maintenance). Petco rescues are very common.

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately company's like this do a disservice to our cause, and give ammo to the opposition. Making it easy to paint this hobby with a broad brush. Also with the money they lose it would pay for the corporation to hire truly qualified people to oversee these stores.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a contrarian but LFS are better at removing dead fish than Petco is. It's why LFS can sometimes appear to have healthier fish when in fact they all get from the same suppliers.

I know I am generalizing here, but I would just point out that some LFS can be just as bad at fish dying in their care. They are just better at hiding it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back