Petco online

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here recently tried orderinv fish from petco.com? I know they have bad reputation with regards with live stock but they have a fish or two that ive been looking for. As far as i know they have liveaquaria under their managment so was wondering if their online stuff will be coming from liveaquaria or what. I also tried calling the store they cant order the fish that i want cause whatever they shipped to them thats all they have and its not coming from liveaquaria.... thanks in advance..

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here recently tried orderinv fish from petco.com? I know they have bad reputation with regards with live stock but they have a fish or two that ive been looking for. As far as i know they have liveaquaria under their managment so was wondering if their online stuff will be coming from liveaquaria or what. I also tried calling the store they cant order the fish that i want cause whatever they shipped to them thats all they have and its not coming from liveaquaria.... thanks in advance..
LA has been sold.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco and live aquaria get their fish from Quality Marine. I would suspect petco.com is just drop shipping from QM like most of non Divers Den live aquaria does. But I have no specific information on how petco.com actually opperates. I would lean towards ordering from one of the more reputable online stores or having a local store order in if possible. But if the price was right and petco.com was the only source avalible I might consider rolling the dice.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered fish from Petco.com several times. I found a loophole for nearly free shipping by adding it on to my next scheduled repeat delivery. Hehehe. They just ship from Quality Marine. I’m not sure if they got wise to it yet, it’s been a while. Strange they won’t order a fish in for you. Technically they can’t be sure they will get a particular kind of fish but I’ve asked them to and they are able to request it with their next shipment and reserve it for me if it comes in. Bountiful, Utah and the Pocatello and Idaho Falls locations is where they have taken requests. I quarantine everything and treat prophylacticly so I don’t see getting fish from Petco as different than any other LFS.

OP
OP
Hunt3r

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco and live aquaria get their fish from Quality Marine. I would suspect petco.com is just drop shipping from QM like most of non Divers Den live aquaria does. But I have no specific information on how petco.com actually opperates. I would lean towards ordering from one of the more reputable online stores or having a local store order in if possible. But if the price was right and petco.com was the only source avalible I might consider rolling the dice.
I tried to ask my lfs but he is picky when he hand pick his livestock which is nice of him. Saw the price on sohal and me wanting to cast the dice.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back