Pex bellum problems?

mikem.dvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pax bellum for about 2 years. It grows chaeto like crazy. The past few months when I harvest the chaeto there is what appears to be chaeto melted to the light tub. It’s not hot so it’s not actually melting but it’s like a goo of green mush against the tube.

Anyone else deal with this? I’ve also had higher than normal nitrates and I’m wondering if it’s this dead/dying chaeto causing higher nitrates?

I like the reactor but wondering if going back to a regular refugium would be better…

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had a pax bellum for about 2 years. It grows chaeto like crazy. The past few months when I harvest the chaeto there is what appears to be chaeto melted to the light tub. It’s not hot so it’s not actually melting but it’s like a goo of green mush against the tube.

Anyone else deal with this? I’ve also had higher than normal nitrates and I’m wondering if it’s this dead/dying chaeto causing higher nitrates?

I like the reactor but wondering if going back to a regular refugium would be better…
Assure you don’t have a reduction in flow through the unit

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back