Ph 8.06 is an issue>>>>???

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i hve never bothered raising my ph...
at night its around 8.05 to 8.08 and in morning is little over 8.1...
is it a big deal..??? do i need to raise it up..all my live stock is healthy and never had any problem..
my other tank parameters r

alk 9.5 to 10.5 dkh
calcium 1450
salt 1.026 to 1.027
temp 76 to 79 varies..

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shoudlnt be an issue,as long as your dkh is where it neds to be you should be fine. if it was dropping lower at night then it could be but your not having much of a swing between day and night so thats good

OP
OP
lsingh

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shoudlnt be an issue,as long as your dkh is where it neds to be you should be fine. if it was dropping lower at night then it could be but your not having much of a swing between day and night so thats good
i understand what u r saying...8.06 is not bad atall only if its constant...but what i am asking is most reefers like to run around 8.2 to 8.3...and thy tend to post threads if it goes below 8.2 to figure whats goin on and to raise back to 8.3 or even 8.4....
I was wondering if anyone has experience any ill effect on their live stock if their ph drops around 8....and how bad was the effect??

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PH drops every night to about 7.9 and goes up during the day to 8.1.I keep mostly SPS,no ill effects at all,everything is healthy and thriving.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here before using kalk my ph used to drop to 7.88 before lights go on to about 8.20 before lights went off, I didn't notice any ill effects... might I add I did have Ca reactor however I took it off and I switched to use kalk bc two part wouldn't just cut it anymore and now my lowest ph is abot 8.1 highest 8.33...using both kalk and three part actually:smile:

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine runs at like 7.9 and I can't raise it for the life if me haha.... I gave up everything looks great and does well so I don't sweat it..;)

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the stability thats important. As long as its always 8.06 its fine. If was swinging then it would be a problem. And I'm not talking about the night changes, those are normal. Mine, too is 7.9 and has been for years. I just cant get it to move. So I left it alone.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back