Ph Calibration confusion...

Hugo_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently confused about the PH calibration procedure, which part I should wait.

1. place PH probe in solution ----> Hit run ----> Wait -----> move on and repeat with the next solution.

Or

2. Place PH probe in solution ----> Wait ------ > Hit Run -----> move on and repeat with the next solution

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What piece of equipment are you calibrating? :) Might help us answer your question!

Never mind - I didn't see which forum this post was in! Sorry! :) Best of luck..

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently confused about the PH calibration procedure, which part I should wait.

1. place PH probe in solution ----> Hit run ----> Wait -----> move on and repeat with the next solution.

Or

2. Place PH probe in solution ----> Wait ------ > Hit Run -----> move on and repeat with the next solution
I guess the second is safer, no matter what the Program does afterwards, the reading should already have stabilized.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or

Can you clarify? Are these onscreen directions?

OP
OP
Hugo_Fish

Hugo_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you clarify? Are these onscreen directions?
No the website state,

1000000853.png

Currently, I'm trying to figure out why the pH on my reefpi is off by ~.75... my Milwaukee PH is on point.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the website state,

1000000853.png

Currently, I'm trying to figure out why the pH on my reefpi is off by ~.75... my Milwaukee PH is on point.
My educated guess is that the probe goes into the buffer solution and equilibrates, i.e., you wait. Stirring the buffer while the buffer is submerged could be important for the probe to equilibrate correctly. I assume that clicking on “run” then records the probes response to the buffer solution.

Is the Milwaukee pH using the same or different probe?

OP
OP
Hugo_Fish

Hugo_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My educated guess is that the probe goes into the buffer solution and equilibrates, i.e., you wait. Stirring the buffer while the buffer is submerged could be important for the probe to equilibrate correctly. I assume that clicking on “run” then records the probes response to the buffer solution.

Is the Milwaukee pH using the same or different probe?
It's different

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the website state,

1000000853.png

Yeah, I would put the probe in, stir a bit to get rid of bubbles in the probe, let it sit for maybe 5-10 seconds and then hit run. Afterwards wash the probe off and repeat with the next solution.

I have heard that you need to do all values you want to do in one go, you can't do one value now, hit done, and the do the next sometime after.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back