Ph decreasing while dosing Magnesium and calcium?

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
83
Reaction score
68
Location
São Paulo
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I would like to ask your support here.
I have a 100 gal system for 50 days. Cycling complete:
Nh4 0
Nh3 0.001
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 8 ppm
Phosphate 0.07 ppm
Ph was 8.27 about one week ago with a co2 scrubber.

But after following very closely the indicators above I tested the following:
MG 1100
CA 350
8dkh
So I started to dose MG red sea (35 ml), CA (35 ml) red sea on a daily basis since then. Occasionally I noticed alkalinity at 7 dkh. So I added brightwell alkalyn 8.3.
The thing is MG is now almost there 1290, calcium at 450, alkalinity stable at 8dkh even dosing buffer.
But ph is slowly decreasing from 8.27 to 8.17 now.
Any idea on what's happening and what are the possible correlations here? Any idea on what I should do too?
Thank you!
 
Como este é um tanque novo, eu aconselho você a não perseguir o PH. Deixe seu tanque estabilizar por alguns meses e veja onde seu PH está.

Happy Reefing

Since this is a new tank, I would advise you not to chase PH. Let your tank stable out for a few months and see where your PH is by then.

Happy Reefing
 
Hey all, I would like to ask your support here.
I have a 100 gal system for 50 days. Cycling complete:
Nh4 0
Nh3 0.001
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 8 ppm
Phosphate 0.07 ppm
Ph was 8.27 about one week ago with a co2 scrubber.

But after following very closely the indicators above I tested the following:
MG 1100
CA 350
8dkh
So I started to dose MG red sea (35 ml), CA (35 ml) red sea on a daily basis since then. Occasionally I noticed alkalinity at 7 dkh. So I added brightwell alkalyn 8.3.
The thing is MG is now almost there 1290, calcium at 450, alkalinity stable at 8dkh even dosing buffer.
But ph is slowly decreasing from 8.27 to 8.17 now.
Any idea on what's happening and what are the possible correlations here? Any idea on what I should do too?
Thank you!
None, no idea. I assume nitrification bacteria is feeding on something giving you a swing.. idk. Or you forgot soda ash.
 
Less than two months is still to early it needs to mature a bit more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new