pH low. Should I try to raise it?

REEFLIFE.27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a icecap k1 nano skimmer. I wanted to get a co2 scrubber from icecap thinking of getting the medium one.. don't want to buy the small one and it not help raise ph. I also just got some brightwell kalk +2. No doser so can it be dosed manually? Or just get a co2 scrubber?

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a icecap k1 nano skimmer. I wanted to get a co2 scrubber from icecap thinking of getting the medium one.. don't want to buy the small one and it not help raise ph. I also just got some brightwell kalk +2. No doser so can it be dosed manually? Or just get a co2 scrubber?

I suggest you start a separate thread for this question.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had an outside airline to skimmer for years... PH always measures 8.2 to 8.4.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just working on recalibrating my probes for my apex. When I was measuring the 7.0 pH fluid packet, I was getting 6.7. Despite recalibrating several times, resetting the pH probe, and other troubleshooting I was unable to get the probe correctly calibrated. I ended up replacing the probe altogether this evening and now the pH reading is accurate relative to the standards.

After recalibrating, is the probe measuring the standards correctly? I'm sure it is, but given my recent issue with a probe that had stopped functioning correctly, I figured it's worth mentioning.

I have been using a CO2 scrubber. It raises the pH in the system 0.2 - 0.3 and I change the media every few weeks. There is some expense involved with the media, but it does raise the pH.

If you can get an airline coming from outside your media will last much, much longer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back