Ph low with other parameters in check. help!

lucas-grimm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start off: here are my params:
Alk: 8.6-9.3
Calcium: 460
Mag: 1475
PH: 7.70-7.90 MAX!!!
Nitrate: 5-10 (varies)
phos: 0.02-0.05

I was 4mL dosing b ionic two part to maintain alk and calcium and recently stopped all together as water changes (20% weekly with fritz blue box) have sufficed. I use rodi water. I do not have a skimmer as the tank is sumpless and only had an hob overflow. I am looking into a reef octopus ext skimmer at the moment and run a wooden air stone for 14 hours a day + have gyres on each end of the tank for surface agitation. The tank is located in the basement and has no windows in the room. Any ideas on how I can raise ph? and will dosing kalk raise my ph without raising my alk and calcium super high?

OP
OP
L

lucas-grimm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a skimmer will probably (slightly) boost your pH. I had mine turned off for maintenance for a day or so and my pH dropped by ~0.5.
any recommendations for external skimmers? The tank handles nutrients really well and i think an undersized skimmer wouldnt be necessary except for ph

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any recommendations for external skimmers? The tank handles nutrients really well and i think an undersized skimmer wouldnt be necessary except for ph
Reef Octopus seems to be a popular choice (not sure if they make an external model offhand).

Back