PH meter inside calcium reactor or placed in aquarium?

drivingmecrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello to all,

My introduction.
I am what I would called an average reefer. I have been in and out of the reef aquarium more times than what I would like. In a few words... I am back started in January 2018 I have multiple reef aquariums two 10gallons and a 36gallon bow front.

I am not new to saltwater and feel as if I understand it well. Last year I had a 150 reef aquarium and it did alright. Short story it didn't work out. Too big to quick wife wasn't happy : ( However equipment is always evolving and knowledge can always be learned.

My logic is if I could successfully establish and maintain smaller aquariums then I could diffently keep the larger aquariums easily : )

The question I have is should I place a ph meter inside of the calcium reactor chamber or in the aquarium? Which is better? I am new to calcium reactors I have always used the kalkwasser setup. but being these aquariums are smaller the water chemistry changes so quickly.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either, but for different reasons. A PH probe in the tank (sump) will read the current PH in the tank.
If placed in a CaRx, then the probe will read the value in the reactor. This is done to control a solenoid valve to turn on or off the CO2 feeding the reactor.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back