pH on CA reactor increasing

skewlboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my vertex calcium reactor up and running for 1.5 months. The pH is kept between 6.6 and 6.7 with carbon doser and apex. Slow drip rate controlled via peristaltic pump that pulls water through the system at a constant rate keeping my dkh at 9.0 in my tank that currently has mostly sps. Tank is about 3 months old and currently has a cyano outbreak.

My problem started in the last 10 days. I have not been able to keep my pH down without really upping the co2 through the system and still I'm not gaining ground. My drip rate isn't able to export enough c02 and I'm still stuck at an increasing pH.

I checked my pH probe and it seems to be functioning normally. I changed out my co2 today with a brand new tank.

The only thing I started to add 10 d ago was kz cyano clean, kz coral vitalizer. 14 d ago I had begun to try b balance, k balance, pohls extra to see what the sps would do but stopped after 4 days after cyano was noted.

In the last week my PE has been better than ever and the sps are coloring nicely... Just can't figure out the pH in the reactor.

Screenshot_20200126-184729.png

OP
OP
S

skewlboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 gal cube. Mp40qd x 2. Radion gen 4 x2 w t5 ho supplement. Skimmer, gfo, fuge. Acro power 5 ml daily on a doser. Tank pH from 8.1 to 8.34.

Nitrate 2.5
Phos 0.07
All 9.0
Ca 440
Mag 1420

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back