Ph probe reading off

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an apex EL.. I’m currently running a Jr with a brs ph probe.. it was time to calibrate my probe so instead I just grabbed the new ph probe from the el and ran it on my Jr until I had my mounting board ready then I switched to the EL last Sunday and the reading was off which was expected because per instructions I need to calibrate if probe is connected to head unit it’s reading 9.2. I got my ph solutions today and calibrated and it’s still readying 9.2. No idea why because it was working fine on the Jr.. any suggestions? Do I need to calibrate again?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest re-calibrating again, but this time make sure the probe that you wipe down the probe with paper towel and then let the prob sit out in the are to really dry for a couple of hours.

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest re-calibrating again, but this time make sure the probe that you wipe down the probe with paper towel and then let the prob sit out in the are to really dry for a couple of hours.
It'll be ok to let the probe dry out?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has the best video on how to calibrate a ph probe in my opinion Check it out to make sure:rolleyes::)

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is only for the conductivity probe.

Best way to check for probe accuracy is to put them back into the calibration solution right after finishing calibration. If the probe reads 10 in 10 and 7 in 7, then it is accurate and calibrated.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back