Ph probe

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my neptune EL I have a pm1 module and my ph probe is reading low so I tried to calibrate it but it would read the 10 solution after calibration it would read 9.0 I tried 2 more new ph probes same result any ideas?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a new probe you may want to wait a few days and recalibrate. The new probes are stored in a storage solution that is near a pH of 4 so once they are out f that solution and in tank water they will tend to drift for a few days. I am not familiar with the Apex calibration but most have 2 or 3 calibration points. The first one you need to do is the offset calibration. the other one or two are gain calibration points. Since order makes a difference use the recommended procedure. I usually let t sit in each calibration fluid for about 5 minutes or until it quits drifting. After calibration ai go back and check the first point and if it is off I go through the calibration again. Sometimes it takes more than once to get it in since any change of 1 point will have an affect on the others and they may need to be done again depending how much change is made. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have let the probe in the tank for two days then tried to recalibrate it is still off exactly by 1.00 no matter what I do

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have tried more than 1 pH probe and get the same results it sounds like an issue with the controller but it could be some setting that is off. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Apex so hopefully someone will post that does. #apexusers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back