pH Probe

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
7,296
Reaction score
6,388
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pH probe that's been sitting dry for probably a few years at this point. Is it salvageable or should I just toss it and buy a new one?
 
It is likely dead, but soak it for a few days in diluted seawater and then if you can calibrate it and get it to read the calibration fluids correctly, it is good to go.
 
OK, cool. I'll give that a shot.
 
Just to close the loop on this.... I let the probe sit in my tank for a few weeks and saw that it was showing some fluctuations in pH and was in the general ballpark of my tests. I tried to calibrate it today and voila! It works! Who woulda thunk it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new