PH Probe

  • Thread starter Thread starter MK300
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MK300

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
63
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you replace your PH probe? After 2 years my Neptune probe seems to drift out of calibration on e regular basis
 
Like heaters.... every year or 2.
 
Has anyone used a non Neptune probe such as Pinpoint? Or is it recommended to stick with the Neptune?
 
Has anyone used a non Neptune probe such as Pinpoint? Or is it recommended to stick with the Neptune?
I am about to try one. I can't find much info out there on other brands, but worth trying as I use GHL and they are hard to find at times. It would be nice to have a safe back up sensor.
 
I ended up buying the pinpoint probe and calibration fluid. This probe gave me the same measurement as the original probe that I thought was bad. 8.7. I checked against the Hanna handheld which read 8.1. There were a few suggestions in the forums about doing a hard reset on the Apex. I did this and was then able to calibrate correctly. Turns out my original probe was not bad after all.
 
I used pinpoint probes with Apex, never had an issue with them.
 
I used pinpoint probes with Apex, never had an issue with them.
I got a pinpoint pH probe. I don't think it's accurate at all. Ti did callibrate it twice and my other probe also. The pinpoint says 7.6-7.8. the apex probe tells me 7.8 -7.9 for pH. I'm getting another probe test and see what that test tells me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new