Ph/Redox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to use Redox socket for my second Ph probe on ProfiLux 4 to control Ph level in my Calcium reactor
The Ph probe, that I connected into Redox socket shows 2.5 higher value of the Ph than Ph socket. What am I missing?

OP
OP
Y

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done it. This differences are on the same probe.
In ph probe socket shows 6.7
In redox probe socket shows 8.2

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you calibrate the probe while it was on the pH2 port?
Running calibration does not save the data on the probe itself.

OP
OP
Y

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve four probes. Two for Kh Director, using one only. One for DT and one for Calcium Reactor. Today, I’ve calibrated then all through my Kh Director, as I don’t know, how to calibrate them any other way

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the probe designated for the KH Director should be calibrated through the KH Director.
Please read the P4 Resource Guide. There it tells you how to calibrate other probes which are connected to a ProfiLux 4.

OP
OP
Y

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do
Thank you
@Vinny@GHLUSA Any chance you could look into my other problem, with doser for my Kh Director please

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this solved. I have a new ph probe. I calibrated. Twice. Tested with fluids. It's close enough. But as soon as I slide it in my carx probe port it completely goes haywire. Drops to 6.18ph. My co2 turned off at 6.60. I pulled the probe from carx. And tested with fluids and it was right. I took carx effluent from the discharge and put probe in and it read over 7ph. I tested my alk effluent and it was only 7dkh. So I knew it wasn't 6.18 inside. I slide the probe back into the carx and what do you know. Dropped and settled at 6.18ish. I ripped it out and put the old ph probe back in. Recalibrate old probe and bam. 7.18 inside carx. Something about new ph probes do not like being slipped into the carx. I tried not tightening it turning carx off and just sliding it in loose. All heights and no matter what. Shows 1ph off. Kind of sucks. Expensive probe to not work in my carx

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any magnetic or electrical fields around the electrode when it is placed in the carx? Are the two probes of the same brand?

Sincerely Lasse

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both probes ghl. Ones new. Old one works. New one works if tested right next to carx. But once it slides in carx port. All hell starts. Drops and drops. But if I remove it and put in calibration fluid or effluent. Dialed in. So odd. I gave up. Weak probe

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back