pH testing

  • Thread starter Thread starter LunaSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LunaSky

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2024
Messages
70
Reaction score
24
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use a Hannah Checker for pH but it always flashes 8.6. I'm doing nothing special for my pH to be that high and honestly, I'd expect it to be lower. Once upon a time it was only 8.0 and I was using a CO2 scrubber. But over the last six months or so, my pH has been very high according to this Hannah Checker I've been using for over a year. I'd like to find something I can use to compare it to. I see multiple types of pH meters on Amazon and wonder if anyone has experience with them. Or should I go with something like Salifert pH type of tests?
 
yeah...then grab the pen. Cheap and somewhat accurate. Make sure to calibrate before initial use. It comes with the calibration powders.
 
Upvote 0

VIVOSUN Digital pH Meter, 0.01pH High Accuracy Pen Type pH Tester for Hydroponics, Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium, UL Certified​

 
Upvote 0

VIVOSUN Digital pH Meter, 0.01pH High Accuracy Pen Type pH Tester for Hydroponics, Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium, UL Certified​

Okay, great, thank you.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new