OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brad, everybody is still in QT. I lost the mimic blenny, he just would never eat anything and came in with ich pretty bad. Both QT systems are running full strength copper at this point and everybody else is doing really well. The regal is a big pig and is getting more and more aggressive during feeding time. I haven't taken any pics lately cause honestly the tank could use some cleaning. Hopefully I'll find some time soon to get some work done.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brett. Can't believe I didn't find your thread over here until now. Hopefully everything makes it through copper and out of QT soon. I commend you for sticking to the QT regimen and getting your fish healthy before throwing them into the display. Especially when you have so many nice specimens in there that I am sure you can't wait to see in the display.

Have you got any better pics of the Lunatus and cf Lunatus? I have seen these starting to come in more and more and they look like beautiful wrasses.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brad, everybody is still in QT. I lost the mimic blenny, he just would never eat anything and came in with ich pretty bad. Both QT systems are running full strength copper at this point and everybody else is doing really well. The regal is a big pig and is getting more and more aggressive during feeding time. I haven't taken any pics lately cause honestly the tank could use some cleaning. Hopefully I'll find some time soon to get some work done.

Glad to hear on the regal, sorry about the blenny. Can't wait till your done with the qt. I lost both my emperor angel and mimic tang back to back, but my mag foxface is getting fatter and better looking. Merry Christmas btw to you and your family if i don't talk to ya.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brett. Can't believe I didn't find your thread over here until now. Hopefully everything makes it through copper and out of QT soon. I commend you for sticking to the QT regimen and getting your fish healthy before throwing them into the display. Especially when you have so many nice specimens in there that I am sure you can't wait to see in the display.

Have you got any better pics of the Lunatus and cf Lunatus? I have seen these starting to come in more and more and they look like beautiful wrasses.

It's pretty easy to miss man, I haven't been too active lately. They all seem to be tolerating the copper really well and continue to eat like pigs. I was a nervous wreck with the wrasses cause I tried to use hypo and it wasn't helping at all! I then had to patiently bring the salinity back up before I could slowly bring up the copper. It seems to be paying off now. My biggest problem is that I get so involved in QT that I let the display go a little. I can't wait to get them all in there but I think it's not gonna be till after the first of the year. I haven't taken any pics cause they're in a little 10 gallon QT, I'll probably wait till they go in the DT.

Glad to hear on the regal, sorry about the blenny. Can't wait till your done with the qt. I lost both my emperor angel and mimic tang back to back, but my mag foxface is getting fatter and better looking. Merry Christmas btw to you and your family if i don't talk to ya.

Thanks Brad, Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Sorry about the losses but that foxface is gonna be a beauty.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic time :)

Aussie Copperband

Regal from Fiji

And a Bicolor Foxface

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man yes looks great!!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin amazing. Great job.

Thanks a lot Clearwater, appreciate it!

looking good bro. :bigsmile:

Hey Marvin, great to hear from you bud!

Man yes looks great!!

Thanks Rev

Beautiful!

Appreciate it Eric, someday I'm gonna have to recruit you and your camera :)

No wrasse, no care! :p

Looking good Brett!

Wrasses make me sad lately, my Attenuatus became a freak and acted like everyone was out to get him even though they really didn't even mess with him and sadly has disappeared lately. I'm assuming he's gone. Then I came home to my cf. Lanceolatus on the tile. I try so hard to keep the QT covered but he still found a way out. The cf. lunatus is doing great though and is due to move to the acclimation box this week after four weeks of copper.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright Hunter, were back on track. Divers Den hooked up a new little female pintail this morning. Everytime my wife sees a new fish come she says "another wrasse", LOL!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, sorry to hear, but congrats on the new grab!

Lately, one of my nahackyi seems to no longer appreciate my attenuatus looking at him funny. He tears after him and gives a loop-de-loo chase around the tank a few times a day. Not sure what's up with that, but no harm so far.

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it Eric, someday I'm gonna have to recruit you and your camera :)

I need to make a trip down your way to see your tank and a few of the other impressive tank going on down there!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses make me sad lately, my Attenuatus became a freak and acted like everyone was out to get him even though they really didn't even mess with him and sadly has disappeared lately. I'm assuming he's gone. Then I came home to my cf. Lanceolatus on the tile. I try so hard to keep the QT covered but he still found a way out. The cf. lunatus is doing great though and is due to move to the acclimation box this week after four weeks of copper.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Brett. I recently lost my male rhomboid that I have had for two and a half years so I know what you are going through. Hope the bad luck turns around for you soon.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, sorry to hear, but congrats on the new grab!

Lately, one of my nahackyi seems to no longer appreciate my attenuatus looking at him funny. He tears after him and gives a loop-de-loo chase around the tank a few times a day. Not sure what's up with that, but no harm so far.

Thanks Hunter, I had to get another, it's such a cool fish. They are some temperamental little punks. I've wanted a hooded forever but have always been too chicken for the same reason. It's funny how some can handle a little picking and others just become scared for life.

I need to make a trip down your way to see your tank and a few of the other impressive tank going on down there!

Road trip! Let's make it happen.

You guys are more than welcome.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Brett. I recently lost my male rhomboid that I have had for two and a half years so I know what you are going through. Hope the bad luck turns around for you soon.

Thanks man, overall I'm pretty happy lately with stuff coming in. It's just rough when you QT them for six weeks, get them through it bad case of ich and then lose them to jumping through the tiny space where the HOB filter returns to the tank. Sorry to hear about your Rhomboid, they're one of my favorites.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New guys going into QT today :dance:

P. lineopunctatus-small male beauty (from LADD)
Ecsenius Midas-large and healthy (from LADD)
Acreichthys tomentosus- pair, look amazing (from LADD)
C. bathyphilus- medium sized female, not looking so hot (from LA)

If there is any debate if LADD is worth the extra cash, I would say YES from multiple experiences!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic's or it didn't happen!

they're hiding in the PVC, gotta wait till they go to the DT :tongue:
The hooded is looking terrible though and I doubt she'll make it through the day.

Back