Phamily's 120 gallons tank

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, My name is nhat pham! i have been on the hobby for 2 years since i was on highschool. I started this hobby when one of my friend gave me a 5gal nano reef tank that most of softy... i had own severals nano tanks but nothing fancy.
So my journey started when i check out SCAquarium site, they had starfire aquarium for decent price, and the owner was nice enough to give me discount. So i pulled a trigger on 120gal 4x2x2. As a college student, but this hobby kept myself busy and motivation to work hard. Here is some pic of my process. First time posted pic, its a pain for me!

Tank arrived

Equidments turn out to be ecotech's fan boy

DIY metal stand/wrap

Pickup BAO sump 30x15x15

Lifereef svs3-24 arrived!

image.jpg

Set it up!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GeoReef Calcium Reactor 618 + aquariumplants carbon doser

OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in sump skimmer? i ordered as a completed skimmer, the mag 9.5 come with the pump is really a problem if your tank doesnt have chiller. So i pulled a trigger on Vectra M1, much quieter and no heat!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting one of SCA's 100 gallon tanks. What are your impressions about the quality of the tank? I'm only asking because I got a quote for same dimensions from a custom builder who will only build it with 5/8" glass versus the 3/8 that SCA uses. The price is almost 2k and they said any thinner the strength of the joints will be compromised by using mp40 type pumps. Your thought would be appreciated. Great looking setup BTW!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting one of SCA's 100 gallon tanks. What are your impressions about the quality of the tank? I'm only asking because I got a quote for same dimensions from a custom builder who will only build it with 5/8" glass versus the 3/8 that SCA uses. The price is almost 2k and they said any thinner the strength of the joints will be compromised by using mp40 type pumps. Your thought would be appreciated. Great looking setup BTW!
Build quality is amazing. i couldnt be happier with the price

OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a college student sometime out of focus on this hobby. Recently, i did a automatic waterchange, the pump is controlled by apex with float valve, running 33mins pump out 1 gallon everyday, so 30 gal a month is pretty enough for my budget lol . Redo aquascape and bought a school of chromis ( they r my favorite lol)

i cannot find my old pic, so cut off my video that i made.

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup Nhat.
Wow that is a lot of chromis. For some reasons for the life of me, i have never been able to keep this type of fish. They always fight until one left..
Anyway, tank is doing great. Lets keep the photos coming.

OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final addition on equidments.
-Avast vibe reactor
-Pacsun kore 5th

Sps addition
Tyree Tierra Del Fuego
TCK Golden Rainbow Milli
BC Twilight Dragon
RR USA Vinh
CR Mighty Dragon
Superman tabling acro
TCK Dixie
TCK Pikachu
RR USA Triple Shot
RR USA Diesel
TCK Goldrush.

i'm happy that infamous @Diesel located near to my house. Got some amazing addition everytime he has something to sell!

OP
OP
nhat

nhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup Nhat.
Wow that is a lot of chromis. For some reasons for the life of me, i have never been able to keep this type of fish. They always fight until one left..
Anyway, tank is doing great. Lets keep the photos coming.

my chromis are happy and swimming in group! only 1 die after the stress of shipping.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back