Pharmacy fluconazole?

carnthetiges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to run a treatment of Fluconazole on my 15g nano.
I just can't seem to get on top of the GHA via manual removal, my plan is to effectively reset the GHA, replace the CuC and continue with manual removal.

My issue is aquarium Fluconazole based products don't appear to be available in Australia - e.g. Reef Flux.
Is the stuff bought at the pharmacy identical?

I can get this locally without prescription...
it's 150mg per cap instead of 200mg.
Does anyone else do this?
Cheers

kwirky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to run a treatment of Fluconazole on my 15g nano.
I just can't seem to get on top of the GHA via manual removal, my plan is to effectively reset the GHA, replace the CuC and continue with manual removal.

My issue is aquarium Fluconazole based products don't appear to be available in Australia - e.g. Reef Flux.
Is the stuff bought at the pharmacy identical?

I can get this locally without prescription...
it's 150mg per cap instead of 200mg.
Does anyone else do this?
Cheers
The first time i treated with fluconazole i used leftovers from a prescription of my own and it did what i had hoped, plus not what i had hoped. Search the forums for dosing amount, it needs quite a bit.

If it's just hair algae though do you really want to nuke the tank chemically? hair algae is the final stage of the uglies, you're pretty close to done. Fluconazole got rid of my dinos but it wiped my pod population which has never recovered to what it originally was. Coralline has had a hard time coming back, too. If you don't use enough it comes back but when you use enough it's nuclear. Fluconazole set back my aquarium's equilibrium by a few months and didn't get rid of all of the species of problem algae. I'm now dealing with spirulina and the bubble algae is still in there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back