Philips Coralcare Gen 2 Controller Not Connecting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scottiemac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
For some reason, this controller started being findable again. No clue.

However, the whole thing crashed due to some minor flooding after a plumbing failure.

Fortunately, CoralVue had sent me another controller due to the first issue and I was supposed to return the first one. When the first controller started working I was going to return the second one but never got around to it. Long story short, I have a new-in-a-box controller sitting here.

Started it up connected to the PC and it worked fine, but when plugging it into the wall it wasn't able to be found. Then I remembered someone suggested that I try using my phone. There, I was able to see the old controller (it's still plugged in) via Wifi but could not connect to it. Also present was the new controller in BT mode.

I connected via Bluetooth and in there was an option to turn on the WiFi. Did so, and then on the PC I could connect to it.

I'm wondering if perhaps the first controller was old and didn't have Bluetooth capability.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new