Phosphate 0.08

Ry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so my SPS that i have in my tank has been looking a little dull and bleached recently, all my tests were coming back good but i was unsure about the phosphate as it is hard to tell with the colour chart so I invested in a HANNAH checker. I just received it and did a test and the result was 0.08. I no this is on the higher side and i also have a little algae problem which i guess is using up some phosphate so may even be higher. Can this be my issue to the sps being bleached and the algae problem or is it not high enough for that to be the issue. Thanks guys

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so my SPS that i have in my tank has been looking a little dull and bleached recently, all my tests were coming back good but i was unsure about the phosphate as it is hard to tell with the colour chart so I invested in a HANNAH checker. I just received it and did a test and the result was 0.08. I no this is on the higher side and i also have a little algae problem which i guess is using up some phosphate so may even be higher. Can this be my issue to the sps being bleached and the algae problem or is it not high enough for that to be the issue. Thanks guys
what is Alk level?

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8.5 should be ok, did the level spike recently? any pix?

Guy714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 0.08 phosphate isn’t that bad. You should test nitrate as well.

OP
OP
Ry1

Ry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8.5 should be ok, did the level spike recently? any pix?
The Alk was low when tested with a friends hannah at 6.5, i dosed it back up to 8.5 about a week ago.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Alk was low when tested with a friends hannah at 6.5, i dosed it back up to 8.5 about a week ago.
how quickly was Alk increased and did the sps start bleaching after the increase?

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it bleaching or is it RTN? Just asking because we hear this a lot. If it’s not RTN and you’re not looking at skeleton, then your nutrient level (either nitrates or feeding amount) might be a tad too low for your system’s needs.

OP
OP
Ry1

Ry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it bleaching or is it RTN? Just asking because we hear this a lot. If it’s not RTN and you’re not looking at skeleton, then your nutrient level (either nitrates or feeding amount) might be a tad too low for your system’s needs.
Reading up on RTN, i guess this could be the case as i maybe upped the AlK a little to quick.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6.5 to 8.5 in 4 days should be ok. how long have u had the sps and where is it the "bleaching" (tips or base) also any pix?..

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have diode lighting then phosphate is in a good range. I generally keep phosphate at least 0.1. Look for a problem elsewhere.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the light source? What PAR?

Back