Phosphate RX - Safety seal

  • Thread starter Thread starter LittleMaui
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LittleMaui

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
443
Reaction score
148
Location
Portland, Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I ordered some Phosphate Rx online. I removed my GFO and added 1/2 the recommended dosage to drop my PO4 from 0.21 to 0.08, which would be 6 drops. I added the drops inside my skimmer body and added a felt filter to the sump. The next day I tested my PO4 and it went up a little, instead of down.

The top of the Phosphate Rx bottle looks a little odd and had no safety seal. How can I ensure the fluid inside the bottle hasn't been replaced with water?

shawn
IMG20260806101350.jpg
 
A partial replacement would require an quantitative analysis such as icp to detect.

A complete replacement might be detected by mixing with phosphate-containing tank water and looking for a precipitate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new