Phosphate and nitrate

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much should I change my water? Weekly or every day? I have too much high nutrients like this nitrate and phosphate, because I feed a lot cause of my clownfish breeding, and now I changed my mind I will stop feeding too much, what do you guys think?

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it whenever you need to. There's no set number. If you are trying to keep nutrients down then change it when the nutrients get too high for you. If it's to maintain alk and calcium for coral growth then use an alk test to decide.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it whenever you need to. There's no set number. If you are trying to keep nutrients down then change it when the nutrients get too high for you. If it's to maintain alk and calcium for coral growth then use an alk test to decide.
For sure I think for now I will change my water every 3 days, thank yoy!

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test nitrates after a water change . Then before you change the water next time test again you can see by results if it's going to be enough.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test nitrates after a water change . Then before you change the water next time test again you can see by results if it's going to be enough.
I water changed this morning, and tested it around 12:30 pmish so that’s my result, should I water change every third day or weekly?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your numbers are elevated. Iterates 25-50 is a large margin. How old is your tank? What are you keeping in your tank? Do you run a sump? What are you doing to combat the high phosphates? What size is your tank? If smaller than you would benefit from water changes.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your numbers are elevated. Iterates 25-50 is a large margin. How old is your tank? What are you keeping in your tank? Do you run a sump? What are you doing to combat the high phosphates? What size is your tank? If smaller than you would benefit from water changes.
6 clownfish but I divided it into 3 chambers with black acrylic and drilled it with a lot of holes because I’m breeding them, so water will flow to it’s right chamber and will overflow to my sump, sump has a skimmer, filter wool, filter sock, live rocks.

it’s because I feed a lot everyday it’s why my nitrate is too high

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back