Phosphate control

fancy_fish101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
316
Reaction score
83
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using phosphree maxspect absorbent rn. But stuff works well. Was thinking using gfo but that’s stuff pretty expensive. What other methods could I try?
 
ATS... Algae Turf Scrubber, but requires plumbing.
Chaeto in fuge, but requires sump.
Calurpa, since your located in Florida, in fuge also works.

GFO, but should be used in a reactor.
 
It might help if you can add what types of fish and coral that you’re trying to keep.

I’m into SPS and I’ve tried refugiums, cheato reactors, GFO, and chemicals.. I love my ATS and would suggest it.
 
Had GFO, LaCl, carbon dosing, etc. it caused imbalance reduction of NO3, PO4.

Now I maintained nutrients for my SPS with both ATS and Refugium supercharged with BW CHAETOGRO and 24/7 AI BLADE REFUGIUM LED.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new