Phosphate E

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this product to get phosphates down. I’m running rowaphos in a reactor and can’t get my number down I’m at .17-.22 it just won’t lower. My LFS suggested phosphate E, anyone ever use. Anyone have suggestions on what can be causing my phosphates to e so high and not lower with rowa phos, and it’s not over feeding I more than not go days without feeding just because I forget. I have quite a bit GHA as well.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell Phosphat-E? No - but I've had great success with all of Brightwell's products. What size/type of tank do you have, how are you running your RowaPhos and how often do you change it out? Do you feed your corals anything, and if so - what and how often? You'll probably want to deal with the GHA sooner as opposed to later.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell Phosphat-E? No - but I've had great success with all of Brightwell's products. What size/type of tank do you have, how are you running your RowaPhos and how often do you change it out? Do you feed your corals anything, and if so - what and how often? You'll probably want to deal with the GHA sooner as opposed to later.
90, running through a reactor, been doing one a week for the past 3-4 weeks if not a little longer. Don’t feed corals anything.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry change out the rowa once a week because it’s not dropping

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a redsea xl 300 and used 10ml in past when my phosphates crept up from .06 to like .15 and they went down to .05 added to sump before skimmer chamber.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell Phosphat-E? No - but I've had great success with all of Brightwell's products.

All of them?

You must not expect them to do what Brightwell claims, since some cannot possibly do what they say. They do not understand some of their own products.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this product to get phosphates down. I’m running rowaphos in a reactor and can’t get my number down I’m at .17-.22 it just won’t lower. My LFS suggested phosphate E, anyone ever use. Anyone have suggestions on what can be causing my phosphates to e so high and not lower with rowa phos, and it’s not over feeding I more than not go days without feeding just because I forget. I have quite a bit GHA as well.

Not enough GFO. GFO will never fail to lower phosphate, but you need to use enough. Whatever you use can take a long time as you may have a lot of phosphate bound to rock and sand that you must remove to drop the water level of phosphate.

lathanum also works (like the Brightwell product). Search on how to use lanthanum as all brands will be used similarly. Best to not just add it. Better to collect the solids that form.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the online rowa phos calculator and put in exactly what they call for based on my tank size and what my phosphate reading is.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of them?

You must not expect them to do what Brightwell claims, since some cannot possibly do what they say. They do not understand some of their own products.
Sorry, I should have clarified - I meant all of their products that I've used (maybe a dozen).

The best phosphate remover I've used is Two Little Fishies Phosban-L - but I haven't used it since upgrading to my larger tank.

enricocoron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this as I just bought and used Phosphat-E Can anyone explain to me why the following is on the bottle
1) Measured Phosphates by test including Hannah will spike after adding, I saw this happen (.12 to .25 in an hour) but why is this happening and how long do you need to wait to get a valid result?
2) Add directly upstream or into a 10 micron filter sock. This makes zero sense to me since they claim the bound phosphates are removed by the skimmer so why add it into the filter sock?
3) Says proprietary method of action, which i hate, does anyone know how it is working?

It seemed to work for a day, went to .01-.03 then went back to normal .09-.12 where they always seem to stay. Then I added like double the dose and again lasted like a day, I don't want add way too much and crash to zero. I run phosban in a sack in my filter sock which keeps it stable and when I used in a reactor it would crash to zero, I am about to do a water change and I saw on the calculator it says to double the amount if used in this manner so maybe I'll try that next to see if I can stabilize at .05 or below.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back