Phosphate reagent expired

MockandRoll

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
104
Reaction score
116
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Milwaukee Mi412 for low phosphate testing. I have 50+ packets of phosphate reagent that expired on 6/2017. Should I toss it or can I get a few more months out of it? Thanks
 
I have the Milwaukee Mi412 for low phosphate testing. I have 50+ packets of phosphate reagent that expired on 6/2017. Should I toss it or can I get a few more months out of it? Thanks
Since water quality in my opinion is the first and foremost priority in a sw tank, I would toss. The accuracy will slowly diminish and you may make changes that could turn the tank around. I'd spend the money for new. Good catch on the exp date though. You'd be surprised how many people don't check (myself included from time to time) then wonder why the tank isn't doing so well.
 
Since water quality in my opinion is the first and foremost priority in a sw tank, I would toss. The accuracy will slowly diminish and you may make changes that could turn the tank around. I'd spend the money for new. Good catch on the exp date though. You'd be surprised how many people don't check (myself included from time to time) then wonder why the tank isn't doing so well.

Good call. I'll add them to my next order.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new