Phosphate reagent expired

MockandRoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Milwaukee Mi412 for low phosphate testing. I have 50+ packets of phosphate reagent that expired on 6/2017. Should I toss it or can I get a few more months out of it? Thanks

runzwithscissors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Milwaukee Mi412 for low phosphate testing. I have 50+ packets of phosphate reagent that expired on 6/2017. Should I toss it or can I get a few more months out of it? Thanks
Since water quality in my opinion is the first and foremost priority in a sw tank, I would toss. The accuracy will slowly diminish and you may make changes that could turn the tank around. I'd spend the money for new. Good catch on the exp date though. You'd be surprised how many people don't check (myself included from time to time) then wonder why the tank isn't doing so well.

OP
OP
MockandRoll

MockandRoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since water quality in my opinion is the first and foremost priority in a sw tank, I would toss. The accuracy will slowly diminish and you may make changes that could turn the tank around. I'd spend the money for new. Good catch on the exp date though. You'd be surprised how many people don't check (myself included from time to time) then wonder why the tank isn't doing so well.

Good call. I'll add them to my next order.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back