Phosphate

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was talking with a guy who works at my LFS and was telling him my zoas never grow well he mentioned they like dirtier water sometimes and asked what my phosphates are I said generally around .05-.08 he said that’s too clean in his opinion he said his personal tank is .3 not .03 but .3 and said his zoas thrive in that . Isn’t .3 ridiculously high? He also said he has no algae problems.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas can thrive in tanks from 0.05ppm to 0.3ppm IMO. I’d look for other reasons.

Is your flow or your lighting too strong? What symptoms are the zoas showing? Slow growth or death? Can you describe what your zoanthids are experiencing?

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not just recent it’s kinda been a while now and it’s both some die off others never spread. Nitrates are always 15-20, my flow is one vortech mp 40 I use reef crest at 75% and lagoon at 75%. For my lights I have LED the ones that are alive but not spreading are fully open and not stretching. Hope this helps , my pulsing Xenia’s are doing well and my acanes seem to be doing ok.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back