Trachy sunk in

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased this beautiful trachy he’s been in my tank for a few weeks now and his colors have been fading slightly and his fleshy center has sunk in. I have tried feeding him multiple times but doesn’t seem to accept food he was sitting in an area that probably got around 130 par. My sand bed is pretty uniformly 120 par so I moved him to a new spot the other day where the light is filtered through the rock work. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can nurse him back to health. Only other corals I have issues with are my alveopora but I had to remove to vermitite snail and dig into his skeleton a good bit and I think that took him out and then a branching cyphastea that I can’t seem to place in a spot that makes him happy. Every other coral seems to be thriving.

Parameters
All 9.6
Cal 480
Mg 1410
Po4 .14
No3 3

I also feed reef roids twice a week but don’t feed to the trachy and he rejects it every time

IMG_6413.jpeg IMG_6412.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that par of 120 did that and I doubt that putting it into a shaded area will help, it’s not the light. How is the flow? It hates any flow. It also dislikes any change of any kind, has everything been stable? Maybe a tank pic will help get more suggestions.

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that par of 120 did that and I doubt that putting it into a shaded area will help, it’s not the light. How is the flow? It hates any flow. It also dislikes any change of any kind, has everything been stable? Maybe a tank pic will help get more suggestions.
Sorry for the cloudiness I just cleaned my glass and fed. The bare spot in the cup rock right beneath the tang is where he use to sit. It does sit directly underneath my hydra 32 which I run at 100% the tank is 24 inches deep and I have my lights set rather high to try and get even coverage. with him being slightly elevated off the sand bed and directly under the light I could see it being a rather hot spot on my sand bed. I also included a picture of my par readings. Kinda hard to tell not being me but you can get the idea

Attachments

• IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5993.jpeg
    IMG_5993.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the cloudiness I just cleaned my glass and fed. The bare spot in the cup rock right beneath the tang is where he use to sit. It does sit directly underneath my hydra 32 which I run at 100% the tank is 24 inches deep and I have my lights set rather high to try and get even coverage. with him being slightly elevated off the sand bed and directly under the light I could see it being a rather hot spot on my sand bed. I also included a picture of my par readings. Kinda hard to tell not being me but you can get the idea
Looking back over the par he was probably getting closer to 150 160

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank!!! Again I don’t think it’s the par I have one under metal halide, they can take the light. With all those sps again I would just repeat it doesn’t like strong flow. Mine recedes right away if I try to adjust the flow.

But let’s see others ideas. Cheers

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank!!! Again I don’t think it’s the par I have one under metal halide, they can take the light. With all those sps again I would just repeat it doesn’t like strong flow. Mine recedes right away if I try to adjust the flow.

But let’s see others ideas. Cheers
Well the spot I moved him to has less flow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back