Phosphates in my nano. Oh no!!!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hanna checker and found out my phosphates were .16ppm. I had API before and it always measured 0. I have a 12g nano and I've read/heard that something like phosban wouldn't be good for a tank so small. I've seen chemipure elite and nopox in other posts but don't know if those are good options either. I'd appreciate all the help I can get! Fwiw, I don't have any green algae at all, but this number seems high. Help!!!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use PhosGaurd on my 26g. Better then PhosBan IMO. However if you use a small amount I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't want to totally strip your tank of PO4 to fast. Which is always a risk with PhosBan (Ferric Oxide)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use PhosGaurd on my 26g. Better then PhosBan IMO. However if you use a small amount I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't want to totally strip your tank of PO4 to fast. Which is always a risk with PhosBan (Ferric Oxide)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Thanks! You always help me out!

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hanna checker and found out my phosphates were .16ppm. I had API before and it always measured 0. I have a 12g nano and I've read/heard that something like phosban wouldn't be good for a tank so small. I've seen chemipure elite and nopox in other posts but don't know if those are good options either. I'd appreciate all the help I can get! Fwiw, I don't have any green algae at all, but this number seems high. Help!!!

There have been a number of reports lately regarding some Hanna batches not reading correctly, so you might want to check that out.

If my corals were looking good and I didn't have an algae problem, I'd conclude that I didn't have a problem. The best indicators of nutrient issues are the organisms in the tank IMO. Trust them...

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been a number of reports lately regarding some Hanna batches not reading correctly, so you might want to check that out.

If my corals were looking good and I didn't have an algae problem, I'd conclude that I didn't have a problem. The best indicators of nutrient issues are the organisms in the tank IMO. Trust them...

No algae whatsoever. Maybe you're right!

Back